Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Need to replace rotten side  

feldt
(@feldt)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Side rotted away from floor while driving down the road.  Only second time we took it out in the month we bought it. Neighbor sold it to us. It is a little guy 5 wide 2006 model. Don’t know if we sell it as is or try and have it fixed. Any thoughts ? 

Wildcat
(@wildcat)
Trusted Member Customer

I guess it would depend some on what it would cost to repair and what you've got into it.  I think I'd want it to go away. 

I always wonder if mine would leak with normal use and washing, but it's a 2016 and kept in garage.

ReplyQuote
abthehun
(@abthehun)
New Member Customer

I just experienced the same issue on an 07 Five Wide.  Side walls settled about 1/2 inch behind the fenders.  When I removed the edge trim, I found rotted plywood.  I also noticed 3 of the four self tapping screws that secure the wall to the frame were missing. (They're located at the front/rear edge of the fenders.  My plan is to cut out the rotted wood and biscuit in some 3/4 oak boards, seal them with bed liner or Red Guard and NOT put the bottom trim back.  I think the trim is the culprit!  I will reinforce the joint with metal plates on the inside.  Not sure yet whether I can peel back the filon to expose the wood or if I have to cut the filon our higher than the damaged wood and re-seam.

Did you decide on a plan of action for yours

Wildcat liked
ReplyQuote
Share: