Clear all

2nd Propane tank

4 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
scoyle49
(@scoyle49)
Topic starter  

Have any Max owners ever added a second propane tank by moving the battery into the trailer?

Topic Tags
etatum
(@etatum)

Yep, we actually upgraded to lithium and our battery now lives in a separate battery box on the tongue. That gave us space for a second propane tank in the existing front storage box. 

bhall reacted
ReplyQuote
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Estimable Member

Seems to be one of the more logical things to do, especially for long term traveling.  There are a number of options from companies to replace the plastic holder of the propane tank and battery so as to provide more room for an additional tank.  Remember that there needs to be full ventilation in the back of the container for propane.  This also allows for a second battery to be included for emergency purposes.  We do a fair amount of boondocking, so having back-up everything is critical.  Plus a metal container allows for more security.  I've broken into mine a few times with just a knife blade.  

ReplyQuote
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Estimable Member

P.S. - I'm not sure I would put the battery inside the trailer.  It needs to be accessible for charging (I keep mine on a tender all the time), and if it's an old style battery that needs fluid (as the older LGs cam with), ventilation is important.  Plus, my old battery discharged acid that fell through onto the garage floor and not the wood/plastic in the trailer.  So be careful where you put it.  Just my 2 cents minus taxes.....

ReplyQuote
Share: