Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hitch height

sam22
(@sam22)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi, my dad just bought a 2018 max and I'm helping him get a hitch set up. I just need to know what the ball height should be on the hitch. We don't currently have access to the trailer to measure ourselves. Thanks! 

TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Trusted Member Customer

Hey sam22, this might seem like a stupid answer, but it is whatever is needed to tow the trailer as level as possible.  This totally depends on the vehicle you're towing with and how low it sits after gear is put in.  Could be a jacked up 4X4 or a VW 😉.  I tow with a Ford F150 4x4 with a little added to the read suspension.  I have two hitch tongues, one lower than the other.  I generally use a straight hitch and ball.  Remember, the rear bumper of the LGM extends a ways past the wheels (the lever focal point), so a little height at the ball lowers the rear end of the trailer.  Fairly dangerous when towing over rough roads or terrain.  Trailer should be level as possible is the best answer I can give you.  Hope that's what you were asking.

ReplyQuote
sam22
(@sam22)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

@texaslgmax thanks for the response...I found a manual somewhere online that said the height should be set to 16in from the ground to the top of the ball so I'll just go with that and adjust as necessary. Thanks again

ReplyQuote
Share: