Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hot water heater problems.

maximumbanjo
(@maximumbanjo)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

I have  a 2021 LGM. On the second trip with it the hot water heater stopped working and I had to replace the thermal cut-off. It stopped again this past weekend so I replaced the thermal cut-off again. It still didn’t work but the electric water heater did. Any ideas. 

TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Trusted Member Customer

Doesn't sound right.......I know, I know, obvious statement.  Since this is a new unit, have you tried calling the dealer?  Something else is wrong.  Maybe they could at least give you an idea on what's wrong or where to look.  Plus, your unit is still on warranty.  These components are not unique to LGM, so even a local service department might have an idea.  Sorry, that's the best I have.  

ReplyQuote
tsmerrill
(@tsmerrill)
Active Member Customer

My hot water heater will not work on electric, but does on propane...very curious.

ReplyQuote
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Trusted Member Customer

When plugged into shore power or off battery?  Not sure it's suppose to work off battery let alone off shore power.  I thought it was only propane.  I may very well be wrong.

ReplyQuote
tsmerrill
(@tsmerrill)
Active Member Customer

@texaslgmax it doesn't work on shore power or off battery.  I would not expect it to work on battery, but there are two buttons under the water heater control panel:  LP Gas and Electric.  I assumed that there were two options for running the hot water heater.

ReplyQuote
maximumbanjo
(@maximumbanjo)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

I called the dealer and talked to a technician, we tried to troubleshoot it over the phone. I was told that because the electric heater worked it was not the thermostat or the thermal cut off or the fuse. When it tries to light on propane there is a spark. There doesn’t seem to be gas coming out to light. 

ReplyQuote
heri188
(@heri188)
New Member Customer

thanks for information, really helped me 😊

ReplyQuote
maximumbanjo
(@maximumbanjo)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

It was a sticking gas valve. 

ReplyQuote