Inverter Issues?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have posted this in the past with no luck, so I'm trying again.  I have a 2018 LGM.  It was my understanding that when the trailer is attached to the tow vehicle, lights in the trailer should work, and the fridge should work (on vehicle power not propane).  They do not.  When I detach, the lights do not work on the unit's battery power.  New battery installed, kept charged and does charge on solar.  Is this an inverter problem?  Everything works when attached to shore power.  Any ideas would help.  I'm also assuming the inverter is under the table seat inline with everything else.

Curious Mike
(@curious-mike)

On page 44 of my owners manual, it says the refrigerator operates on either 120V AC or LP Gas. 12V DC is needed to light the gas only.  Some of the other symptoms you describe sound like the battery disconnect switch is activated. Also, are you sure your rig has an inverter? 

ReplyQuote
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thank you Mike.  I've checked the battery off/on switch numerous times, in both positions, same phenomenon.  Good question on the inverter though, I was making an assumption since the dealer told me things that only an inline inverter would handle.  Stupid me!  I guess I will have to take a thorough look.  Appreciate the info on the fridge.  I guess I'll need to get a manual online.  So the only way the fridge works while towing is on LP.  Again, not what the dealer told me, but certainly makes my fix easier..... 🙂 

Again, thank you Mike.

Curious Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: