Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Looking for help/ideas for water pump failure

tsmerrill
(@tsmerrill)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hey out there!  I just bought a LGM last month and have been on the road for almost a month testing it out.  A few days ago the water pump stopped pressurizing and sending water to the various faucets.  The motor is running but just not creating pressure.  I have taken the pump apart and cleaned all the things and made sure the check valve was not stuck.  Any thoughts on how to fix, or should I just replace it?  Thanks!

Topic Tags
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Trusted Member Customer

Personally......I would just replace it.  They are not expensive and can be found at most RV shops or ordered online.  I would also recommend buying a second one and hold it back for emergencies as with all your "other" systems in this thing.  Hard to believe after only a short amount of time this failed, they're usually god for a few years.  I would also check your lines and make sure nothing got crimped, disconnected or clogged.  Do you have a pressure and filter module on your outside water line?  Check that too, if you don't have one get one.  Just some thoughts off the top of my head....

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
tsmerrill
(@tsmerrill)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I ended up getting a new pump and installing it.  Things are working for now, and yes it is a shame that it failed after such a short time.  Unfortunately it is just one of many issues I have been having in month of ownership.  Really disappointed overall.

ReplyQuote
Matt D.
(@sunshine135)
Active Member Customer

@tsmerrill I had a similar problem with my 2019 Max. If you still have the old pump, take it apart and see if there are any debris in the bladder area. Mine had a piece of the neoprene from manufacturing laying over one bladder. I removed the piece, put the screws back in, and it worked great.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Matt D.

ReplyQuote
tsmerrill
(@tsmerrill)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@sunshine135 I do still have the old pump and have taken it entirely apart and did not find any debris.  I will check the new pump I installed and which quit working after one day.  Maybe I will find debris in that one.

ReplyQuote
tsmerrill
(@tsmerrill)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Update and feeling entirely discouraged!  I took the trailer into a service center to have it worked on with all the issues, and to help with the pump.  They replaced the pump and said that they found a lot of plastic debris in the plumbing system that came from manufacturing and likely is burning out the pumps.  The new pump lasted a couple weeks and now has stopped working.  I cannot believe the amount of issues I'm having on a 2 month old unit...Any ideas out there?

ReplyQuote
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Trusted Member Customer

Boy Howdy, as they say.  I'm not sure I have any directions or words of encouragement.  I guess I would ask the service center why they did not "flush" the system first of all and if they did, why is there more debris generated and where is that coming from?  It's a closed system once water is in.  It has to come from somewhere.  Any chance of putting an inline filter on the system right before the pump?  The water only flows one way, so it has to be coming from the line prior to the pump.  Could be the holding tank.  That should for sure be taken off and flushed.  Feels like my 67 GTO.  The gas tank was rusting on the inside and the fuel filter was continually getting clogged and causing the car to sputter.  I'd replace the filter and for a few weeks, all way good and then the same thing happened.  It took removing the tank to realize the bladder inside the tank was done for.  I'm afraid that's all I have and I'm sorry.  These things are built pretty good, but lately (during Pandemic), I'm hearing there are a lot of issues.

I would also consider calling Little Guy directly and see what the manufacturer says.  This is their product and they are losing customers and their reputation.  They should be interested.  Maybe a return and replace.  

ReplyQuote
tsmerrill
(@tsmerrill)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@texaslgmax Thank you for your response!  I have been in contact and they said that they finally figured out the issue about debris being left in the plumbing system due to manufacturing.  They said they are coming up with solutions on current units, but unfortunately mine was released before they caught the issue.  All they have done so far is issue me an apology for the inconvenience I am experiencing trying to figure this all out...I am in shock about the lack of concern and support from this manufacturer!

ReplyQuote
TexasLGmax
(@texaslgmax)
Trusted Member Customer

Steps forward my friend..... steps forward.  At least they acknowledged the issue and that you have been affected.  Hopefully they will do what is right and provide a complete fix to your problem including reimbursement for pieces and parts already purchased.  Stay on top of them, they do owe you.

My recommendation is for them to pay for whatever solution they propose at the factory and have it done to your unit.  I'm pretty sure its a complete flush or it should be.

Good luck.  They really are good units....the manufacturing during the current environment is what needs to be fixed.

ReplyQuote
Share: