Notifications
Clear all

1st of many questions  

RSS

wilbour
(@wilbour)
New Member Customer
25/06/2020 3:51 am  

New to me will be a 2015 Mypod in a week or so. In the meantime I'm researching power options. 

1st I noticed the Zamp Solar Power ready sticker on the frame but could not see any plug in port for the solar panel. I also cannot find any information as to what's on board for solar.

2nd The battery will need replacing so if I go solar I will need a new battery and a solar panel with charge controller, all 12v. I have already built a 24v system at my cottage which is somewhat portable so perhaps I should scrap the 12v system and just make some changes to my 24v setup to take with me.

What have others done in this regard?

groveratc
(@groveratc)
Member Moderator
25/06/2020 4:12 pm  

What you should have is a connector for the zamp solar panel. I have included two pictures of what the port looks like. I took them off the internet so they are not from a mypod of little guy unit specifically. 
Typically on most units it’s on the side of the battery box and is wired to the battery directly. 

Zamp solar panels have the controller on the actual solar panel. Zamp connectors only work for Zamp solar panel because the polarity is reversed on them. 

As far as the batteries, I’m no help. It’s all above me. 

ReplyQuote
pamjohndeitsch
(@pamjohndeitsch)
New Member Customer
13/07/2020 4:00 am  

We just bought a 2015 MyPod and brought it home today. We have a solar panel system, tho' not sure what type it is. Can the MyPod only use a Zamp? We do have the Zamp sticker.  How would I find out?  Thanks

ReplyQuote
groveratc
(@groveratc)
Member Moderator
13/07/2020 3:43 pm  

It is set up from the factory for Zamp. In order to use another brand you have to get some kind of adapter normally. The Zamp uses connectors that are a reverse polarity.  

I know a lot of people have use Renogy but I’m not sure what they needed to do to make them work. 

ReplyQuote
Share: